The CNN Heroes awards show is everything a fundraising event should be and more: inspiring missions, inspired musicians and money raised for more good works! Although many tried, ten worthy missions had access to a star-studded stage with a global audience. This year CNN had more than 10,000 submissions from more than 100 countries. (more…)
Culture of philanthropy
A culture of philanthropy
Nonprofit organizations that have nurtured a culture of philanthropy among its constituents are the most effective at raising money for their missions. What do I mean by culture of philanthropy? Nonprofits with a culture of philanthropy tend to:
- focus less on money and more on relationships.
- focus less on financial needs and more on winning people, programs and solutions.
- balance being donor-centered and mission-focused effectively.
- have established annual giving programs that support effective major gifts programs.
- have boards and staff who all donate.
- have volunteers involved at every level of fundraising.
- have engaged board members and senior leadership teams who accept responsibility in sustaining this culture of philanthropy.
It takes time to develop a culture of philanthropy.
Time well spent!
[updated with links]
You must be logged in to post a comment.